peru by besides the obvious
This page collects all our travel stories from Peru. Peru is a country with a rich cultural heritage, stunning natural beauty, and a vibrant culinary scene. From the iconic ruins of Machu Picchu to the lush Amazon rainforest, Peru offers a wealth of experiences for travelers. Whether you’re into history, culture, nature, or food, Peru is a destination that is sure to captivate and inspire. In this travel article, we will explore some of the top attractions and activities that Peru has to offer. Providing tips and recommendations for planning your perfect Peruvian adventure. Peru is a beautiful country with a rich history, vibrant culture, and diverse landscapes. Here are some suggestions for things to do in Peru.
What to do in Peru
- Explore Machu Picchu: One of the most iconic landmarks in Peru. And one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Machu Picchu is a must-visit destination for any traveler. You can hike the Inca Trail to reach the ruins. Or take a train or bus to the nearby town of Aguas Calientes and then hike up to the site.
- Visit Cusco: Once the capital of the Inca Empire. Cusco is a beautiful city with a rich history and stunning architecture. You can explore the narrow streets of the old town. Visit the cathedral and other historic buildings. And learn about Inca culture at the various museums and archaeological sites in the area.
- Experience the Amazon: Peru is home to a large portion of the Amazon rainforest. Which is home to an incredible diversity of plant and animal species. You can take a guided tour of the jungle to see wildlife like monkeys. Birds, and sloths, and learn about the indigenous cultures that call the region home.
- Visit Lake Titicaca: Shared by Peru and Bolivia, Lake Titicaca is the largest lake in South America. And is surrounded by stunning mountain scenery. You can take a boat tour of the lake and visit the floating islands of Uros. Which are made of reeds and are home to indigenous communities.
- Try Peruvian cuisine: Peru is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which includes dishes like ceviche, lomo saltado, and ají de gallina. You can visit local markets to try street food and visit restaurants to sample some of the country’s most famous dishes.
travel stories from peru
Cuzco, Peru is a city rich in history, culture, and natural beauty. Once the capital of the Inca Empire, Cuzco is now a thriving metropolis that attracts visitors from around the world with its fascinating archaeological sites, vibrant Andean culture, and stunning Spanish colonial architecture.
In this guide, we’ll take you on a journey to…