We have collected some useful links from trusted sources to help Ukraine. Please spread this information. If you have more links to any other non-profit organisations – where people can donate or help in any way, please share the link in the comment section. Please only promote trusted & reliable places! We will add all of them to the list.
Especially, if you have any supporting links for refugees from the bordering countries: Poland, Slovakia, Romania & Hungary – share it immediately!
- Red Cross if you are physically in Ukraine: https://redcross.org.ua/en/donate/. They of course accept donations from outside of Ukraine on this link too.
- Accommodation, Help & Shelter for Ukraine: This group is created to help all Ukrainians, seeking help, shelter and accommodation in the current unprecedented times that their country is facing. Everyone, who can provide a place or a couch, which can serve as a shelter, is welcome to extend their hospitality and offer it in this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/699929631375624/
- Médecins Sans Frontieres / Doctors Without Borders: MSF runs a range of activities in Ukraine working with local volunteers, organizations, health care professionals and authorities to help people travel to health care facilities and access prescribed medications.
- Hungarian Interchurch Aid: https://segelyszervezet.hu/kampanyok/haboru-ukrajnaban/
- Unicef Hungary: https://unicef.hu/veszhelyzet-ukrajnaban
- Razom: They are a non-profit organization supporting the people of Ukraine in their pursuit of a democratic society with dignity, justice, and human and civil rights for all. Razom coordinates groups of volunteers and fundraising efforts to build a prosperous Ukraine project by project: https://razomforukraine.org/donate/
- Bridge for Transcarpathia Program: A bridge for Transcarpathia can be supported. The number 1357 can be called,, all calls cost 500 HUF. The account number for donations: 11711711-22222222.
- We can donate directly from Hungary even via one phone call. We can call the following numbers from any Hungarian number:
- 1357 – Híd Kárpátaljáért program / Bridge for “Zakarpattia Oblast” / Transcarpathia Program
- 1358 – Magyar Református Szeretetszolgálat / Hungarian Reformed Charity Service
- 1359 – Magyar Vöröskereszt / Hungarian Red Cross
- 1350 – Magyar Máltai Szeretetszolgálat / Hungarian Charity Service of the Order of Malta
- 1353 – Magyar Ökumenikus Segélyszervezet / Hungarian Interchurch Aid
- 1355 – Baptista Szeretetszolgálat / Baptist Charity
- 1356 – Karitasz / Caritas
- The British Red Cross has set up a crisis appeal: https://donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/ukraine-crisis-appeal.
- Help Ukraine Emergency Appeal: Set up earlier this month by the Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain (AUGB), the appeal is raising funds to provide accredited and registered Ukrainian charities with medicine, food and vital services. Donations can also pay for blankets, hygiene packs and trauma counseling: https://www.gofundme.com/f/helpukraine?qid=546c25e9bfc9c469b7f7a57691d3d7c4
- Sunflower of Peace is a charity that helps paramedics and doctors, and has been fundraising for supplies, which includes first aid medical tactical backpacks: https://en-gb.facebook.com/sunflowerofpeace/
- United Help Ukraine focuses on providing medical supplies and humanitarian aid, and raising awareness of the conflict: https://unitedhelpukraine.org/
- Voices of Children aims to help children affected by the war in eastern Ukraine, providing support through art therapy, psychologists, video storytelling and a number of other methods: https://voices.org.ua/en/
- Support local journalism: English-language news outlets based in the country, such as Kyiv Independent and the New Voice of Ukraine, are covering developments on the ground as the conflict unfolds, using local journalists. The Kyiv Independent says it was created by journalists in order to defend editorial independence. This site on Twitter covers many local journalists in Ukraine.
- UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency’s charity partner in the UK, started its urgent appeal for funds to deliver support for displaced people: https://www.unrefugees.org.uk/ukraine-emergency
- Unicef Spain: https://www.unicef.es/ayuda-ucrania
- Save the Children: https://www.savethechildren.es/colaborar-ong/ayuda-conflicto-ucrania
- Acnur: https://eacnur.org/es/guerra-ucrania
- Cruz Roja Española: https://www2.cruzroja.es/-/ayuda-crisis-ucrania
- Reception points for refugees in Poland: https://www.gov.pl/web/udsc/punkty-recepcyjne2
- There are information points and helplines in the largest Polish cities: https://www.gov.pl/web/udsc/punkty-informacyjne-i-infolinie-urzedow-wojewodzkich
- Ukrainian guide for Ukrainian refugees in Poland: https://www.gov.pl/web/udsc/ukraina
- Polish Red Cross: Those wishing to donate can do so at the following bank account: 16 1160 2202 0000 0002 7718 3060 . Transfers should be titled: UKRAINE .
- You can also report your willingness to help by e-mail to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at: pomochumanitarnaUA@msz.gov.pl
- Caritas Polska: https://caritas.pl/
- Pomagam: https://pomagam.pl/solidarnizukraina
- Polska Akcja Humanitarna: https://www.pah.org.pl/wplac/?form=ukraina
Dear Traveller, hope you liked the latest article from Besides the Obvious! If you would not like to miss any of our travel stories, destination ideas, vacation plans, holiday inspirations, do not forget to subscribe here!