Hungary is an amazing destination for travellers. Besides the awesome Budapest, the visitor can enjoy natural landscapes like Lake Balaton. We will find superb wine regions such as Villany, Eger or Tokaj and relevant historic areas such as the famous Danube curve. This is a landlocked country in Central Europe. Spanning 93,030 square kilometers of the Carpathian Basin. It is bordered by Slovakia to the north. Ukraine to the northeast, Romania to the east and southeast, Serbia to the south. Croatia and Slovenia to the southwest and Austria to the west.
The country has many nice towns that are easy to discover on your own. It is splashed with impressive castles and it offers excellent gastronomy. Hungary is safe, clean and still cheap for travellers. Many of the spots you will discover if you keep reading will be probably unknown, not only by you but for many other adventurous travellers as well. Don’t be the last of them, get into Hungary and get the luxury of enjoying it!
As you might know our mission is to share something relevant, something authentic, something real, something cool, something interesting, something personal & something different, via our travel stories & images.
- Country Code: +36
- Currency: Hungarian Forint HUF
- Official languages: Hungarian
- Electricity: 220 V
- Time zone: GMT+1
- Capital: Budapest
- Climate: Continental with four seasons. Summer is nicely warm, very enjoyable for cultural visits or for going to the beach around Balaton. Spring is mildly warm and sunny, perfect for any plan in the country. Autumn is a bit cold and rainy and Winter can be quite cold and humid, with fog and snow all around the country.
- Safety: Budapest as many other World capitals has some problems with pickpockets, especially in the downtown of Pest. Violence is rare. The rest of the country is very safe, including all the tourist spots.
- Top sights for beginners: Budapest, Lake Balaton, Héviz, Danube curve, Györ
We are focusing on ideas from local sources, giving tips that are usually unknown for travelers and foreigners, guides to secret places which only the guy from the given neighborhood could know about, to the hidden picturesque view, with recommending everything besides the obvious: the local real feel, the adventure of discovering the unknown, the authenticity, culinary guide to the meals that locals are really cooking and eating at home, and much more. Hope you will read our Hungarian Travel Stories, feel inspired, and enjoy the journey, as much as we do!
Articles about Hungary
Here you can find all the Hungarian Travel Stories by Besides the Obvious!
Dear Traveller, hope you liked the latest article from Besides the Obvious! If you would not like to miss any of our travel stories, destination ideas, vacation plans, holiday inspirations, do not forget to subscribe here!